This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  PenciDesign 1 week, 4 days ago.

2 Questions

• Hi,

Two questions:

1. On the category pages there is a space before the excerpt for some posts. Any idea how to remove that?

Here’s a link: http://www.kiehapoker.com/category/strategy/
    Under the green picture the text is aligned well, under the red picture there is a space.

2. Is it possible to exclude a category from the “Soledad Recent Posts” widget?

Thx!

Support PenciDesign

Hi There,

#1] Because the titles are too long, to fix it please add the following CSS under Customizer > Custom CSS:

h2.grid-title a {
        width: 100% !important;
        white-space: nowrap;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
        overflow: hidden;
        float: left;
        clear: both;
    }

#2] Please navigate to this file soledad/inc/widgets/lastest_post_widget.php around line 53-55.

– Find this code:

$query = array( 
    	'showposts'           => $number,
    	'cat'                 => $categories
    );

– Then replace with this:

$query = array( 
    	'showposts'           => $number,
    	'cat'                 => $categories
    );
    $query['category__not_in'] = array(123);

After that change the 123 number with your category ID which you want to exclude.

Hope it helps :)

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign.

Number 2 worked but number 1 didn’t. I added the code into Custom CSS but it looks the same as before.

Support PenciDesign

Hi There,

I could see that the post titles are truncated:

View post on imgur.com

Could you please check again?

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign.

I’m not sure what you want me to check again. Yes the titles are truncated.

The space before the first word occurs in shorter titles as well though, for example in the post “A Guide to Live Tells in Poker”.

And in some longer titles the problem doesn’t show up.

Support PenciDesign

Hi There,

It could be the featured image’s height of the post ‘A Guide to Live Tells in Poker’ is shorter than the other featured images:

View post on imgur.com

Would you mind replacing with a bigger image?

Rergards,
    PenciDesign.

That shouldn’t be the problem because the problem also shows up under the bigger pictures.

The text for the following posts is displayed correctly:

Exploitative Poker Part 3: Fish

5 Tips to Improve Your Mental Ga..

And for the rest there is a space before the first word of the excerpt.

It seems to be completely random, picture size or title length doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Support PenciDesign

Hi There,

I inspected the HTML and I could that there is a white-space before the first word:

View post on imgur.com

Would you mind send us your admin account via this form(http://themeforest.net/user/pencidesign_support#contact) so we can take a closer look?

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign.

You’re right, that was the problem. No idea how I missed that one.. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As always, great support! Thx!

Support PenciDesign

If you need anything else please let us know.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign.

HI
    I have a problem. When i go on my blog juste1maman.fr, i have white space at the bottom right coin which replace 2 posts…
    I don’t know how delete this space.
    Can you help me please ? Thanks

Hi @rachelxx4,

You should go to admin > Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most > and change “10” to “12”
    It will display 12 posts for your homepage & archive pages.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Cool thanks a lot
    Have a good day

Hi Team Penci,

In this post you’ve put up a screenshot of the post titles getting truncated. Is there a way to display the entire post title? On my website I have the same issue where if the post title is long, it does not get dispalyed but ends in between with a ‘…’. Thank you.

Regards, Namita

Hi @yoganama,

By default, the title will truncated in some places.
    Please send us an email via our contact form with your admin url and admin account ( username and password ). Our support team will check it help you.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.