This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PenciDesign 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

change background to black when not boxed

• Hi,

I’m trying to change the theme to dark, so that my homepage has black background. It seems I can only do that if I check the “boxed” layout.

Secondly, I would like to eliminate the space between the slider and the top menu, so that the image is right up to the menu. Anyway you can give me a tip in how to do that.

Thank you!

Hi,

Can you show me your site url?

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Here is the URL:

http://gatekeepersofthearctic.com/

I’d like to make it a dark theme. So I tried to change the colors as boxed and not boxed layout.

Can you also tell me if there is a way to have the slider up to the navigation menu, no space under the menu?

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  maunzi5.

Hi,

1/ To make the dark theme on your site, please add more this code to Customize > Custom CSS:

.wrapper-boxed{ background: #252525; color: #d4d4d4; }
    .tags-share-box.hide-tags.page-share .share-title, .post-share a, .post-entry h1, .post-entry h2, .post-entry h3, .post-entry h4, .post-entry h5, .post-entry h6{ color: #d4d4d4; }

2/ To remove the space between main navigation & slider, please add more this code to Customize > Custom CSS:

body.home #header{ margin-bottom: 0; }

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you so much! I really love working with this template!

Just for trial purposes, could I then replace the background color #252525 with an image URL, instead of the color?

Hi,

Yes, you can. Change it to:

.wrapper-boxed{ background: #252525 url('background-url-here') repeat center center; color: #d4d4d4; }

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you, this worked out great!

I have one more small issue I can’t tackle without your help. At the bottom of the page, the footer is displaying “where to find us” and shows an address that I didn’t put there. It has nothing to do with the site. How can I get rid of the white box “Where to find us” and the also get rid of the address, which is to the left. Many thanks in advance!

http://gatekeepersofthearctic.com/

Hi,

Please go to Appearance > Widgets > Remove all widgets in “Footer Instagram” sidebar

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.