This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ccm8 4 months ago.

Feature slider and logo too large

• I’ve read all the relevant posts, I’ve adjusted all my image sizes to the recommended setting, and I’ve also read the Soledad manual three times over.
    My site is very zoomed in for some reason. The feature slider takes up the whole page! I see other Soledad users, and their sliders are a normal size. How can I fix mine?
    Also, the header area where the logo in is also huge, despite even putting a super small image there, it didn’t shrink the white area at all.

I really like this template, but I’m starting to get frustrated at the fact that I can’t find a solution.
    Someone please help! And please don’t tell me to adjust the pixels, which I’ve done countless times.

Hi,

I saw your site very nice.
    Check this image: http://prntscr.com/evx5li

So, I think maybe you did zoom your browser. Please check it again.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you but how do I fix the issue? This is the only webpage that is showing as zoomed in on my computer.

Hi,

Please check this article to make sure your browser aren’t zoom in.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

My browser is not zoomed in. It is a normal size. My blog is the only site that is so zoomed looking. It has to be an issue with the coding. Can you please take a closer look at the issue?

I also checked on another computer and it is zoomed in there as well. The issue is that the slider feature image and my logo/header are too big for the screen. The rest is fine. Can you please help me fix this?

Hi,

It’s not a bug. It’s issues with your config.
    Because as you can see on our demo, it display look like this.

1/ For the slider, I think you can go to Customize > Featured Slider Options > on “Featured Slider Style” > select “Featured Slider Style 2″

2/ For your logo, you need to resize your logo smaller. You can download this logo and replace with your current logo. I resized it help you.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

I’ve already tried both of those things. Resizing my logo helps a little, but not much. The slider however, never changes size. I want the featured slider 1, but I just want it to be a normal size on the page. My images are always too large.

I went back and changed it to feature slider 2 like you suggested and this is what happened: http://lookingupatthesamestars.com/

Now it’s completely cut off on the side. There is some issue here. Please give me a real suggestion.

Hi,

1/ For the slider:
    Please go to Customize > Featured Slider Options > on “Select Featured Category” > select it to “–Select–” or another category, because currently the category you did select have only one post.

2/ For the logo, as you can see the logo display look like your logo size.
    Here is your logo url and you can see that.
    If you want to make it smaller, you need to resize it smaller.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

The feature slider image is still too large. I need an option to resize the slider, not change the style of its’ presentation.
    The feature image takes up the whole page. It’s way too big.

Hi,

Ok. Please add more this code to Customize > Custom CSS to do that:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1170px){
    .penci-image-holder.slider-style-2-fix {
        width: 600px;
    }
    .penci-image-holder.slider-style-1-fix {
        height: 400px;
    }
    }

Change number ‘600’ to the size you want for Featured Slider Style 2.
    Change number ‘400’ to the size you want for Featured Slider Style 1.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you but the problem with this code is that it cuts of the image instead of resizes it. So is it possible to have some sort of code similar to this: img.resize{
    max-width:50%;
    max-height:50%;
    }

That will resize the slider? I did your method first, because I want to make it less WIDE (not less tall) and it cut off half of the left side of the slider image.
    Thanks again.

Hi,

The featured images need to crop to display fine on your slider. So, you can’t do that.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Also, even though the image is being made smaller (by being cut not resized), it is aligned left. Is there a way to center it?

Hi,

I saw you did add a code:

width: 800px;
    }
    }

Please remove it because the slider will float left if you add it.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

For others for future reference:

I was able to fix this issue with adding coding to center it along with the provided coding to crop it.
    Here is what I pasted into custom css area:

width: 1000px;
    }
    height: 500px;
    }
    }
    display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto
    }

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.