This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jacobske 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Fix Formatting Errors For Footnotes and Bookmarks Soledad Theme

• Hello Pencidesign,

We need some help fixing Soledad Theme formatting errors associated with footnotes and bookmarks.

When you click on a footnote or bookmark using MAC OSX and Apple IOS the specific location of the footnote or bookmark is hidden behind the main menu. See the below example pages and images:

1 – footnote formatting error:

At the below page, end of first paragraph, click on the 1 for footnote 1 next to the word feast and you will see that on the desktop and mobile device the footnote text is hidden behind the main menu. Arrow up or slide the page down and you will see the footnote appear from behind the main menu. Note: when you click on the footnote return symbol the error occurs as well when it goes back to the original text footnote 1 next to the word feast. The text it jumped to is hidden behind the main menu.

Page (end of first para, click on 1 next to feast): Let’s Starting Building A Prophetic Model

Image result: footnote error
    Image result: what it should do when you click on the 1

2 – bookmark formatting error:

At the below page, click on the word/link parousia (bookmark #parousia) and you will see that on the desktop or mobile device the bookmark text is hidden behind the main menu:

Page (click on the word/link/bookmark parousia): Future State

Image result: bookmark error

Image result: what it should do when you click on the bookmark parousia

3 – temporarily fixed:

I artificially fixed the other bookmarks by placing the bookmark code about 5 lines above where the actual bookmark text is located or adding an hr line with a few breaks (br) in there. This isn’t an ideal solution as the bookmark and footnote capability should work properly as it does on other themes. Example of how we temporarily fixed the problem:

Page (click on ): FAQS

If you look at the HTML code of the page you will see we had to place the bookmark code in the wrong location so it would look right on the screen (not hidden behind the menu).

We are enjoying the theme and this is the last formatting issue that concerns us for now. Thanks for all the hard work in making this theme possible.

Kip

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don’t supports for custom work like this.
    This requirements need to change a lot of files in this theme and we don’t support it.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you for your speedy response. Forgive me if I did not clearly state the problem. I don’t think fixing HTML formatting errors created by the Soledad Theme is custom work, but actually a design flaw with the theme. Your main menu should not hide HTML bookmarked text.

Possible solutions and I’m sure you’ve probably already thought of many more. Not in priority order:

Have the option under theme settings to not make the main menu sticky at the top of the screen for both desktop and mobile (responsive) views.

Have the option under theme settings to make the main menu fade in and out at the top of the screen as you move up and down the page. On initial page load it is fixed, but as you move down the page it fades. As you move again it temporarily appears and then fades.

Have the option under theme settings to make the main menu appear like it does now, but when you begin to move up/down the page the main menu shrinks to the mobile menu icon (three line hamburger symbol) placed in the upper left hand side de of the screen. When you press that icon the main menu reappears or it gives you the mobile menu.

You probably thought of some CSS code that could be temporarily added to Custom CSS until the theme is updated with other items you are enhancing/fixing with the theme.

You guys/gals know this stuff better than we ever will. We look forward to your help! Onc again, thank you!

Have the option

Hi,

This issues can’t solved by CSS. This requirements need to edit a lot of .php files in this theme as I said.
    For each customer, they have a different requirements. We can’t support custom work like this for each customer. ( We have more than 5000 customers use this theme ).

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Lord be willing one of these days you will incorporate this type of menu options in the Soledad Theme:

Headroom hide or show main menu on scroll up or down.

Doesn’t look like a lot of code, but my ignorance shows here concerning what’s needed in the Soledad theme to get this functionality.

I’m searching for a WordPress plugin that overrides how Soledad displays menus.

Kip

Hi,

We don’t create it.
    We only inherit it from WordPress :) It’s provide by WordPress.
    And yeah, this is a custom work to you can make it.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

For now I’ve just decided to stick with the Soledad Theme Menu, but make it not menu not sticky using your custom css code:

#navigation{ position: static !important; }

Kip

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.