This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ccannes 2 months ago.

Hiding a category from homepage

• Hello, how do i stop posts that belong to a certain category from showing up on my homepage?

For example i need category ABC posts to only show under my Page ABC, instead of appearing on my homepage with all other posts.

Hi,

Please use options for it in Customize > Homepage Options > Exclude specific categories from latest posts on Homepage.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Why do i not have the “Exclude specific categories from latest posts on Homepage” in my Homepage Options?

Hi,

If you don’t have this option, let update this theme. I think you using old version of Soledad theme.
    To update this theme, please check this guide:
    http://support.pencidesign.com/knowledgebase/how-to-update-a-theme/

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

hi,

im happy to update the theme, but i don’t want to lose all the changes i made under “customise”.

Which file from the updated version should i replace with the old theme file, in order for this feature to work?

As i said i spent hours and hours setting up the colours/styles/layout/logo of the website so i don’t want to lose my work with a update to the theme.

Thanks

Hi,

The update doesn’t affect with your Customize settings. If you don’t modified any files in this theme, you can update it.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hi,

we updated our theme, now we can see and use the button “Exclude specific categories from latest posts on Homepage”. It’s working, great!
    But now, if the hidden post doesn’t have the picture for slider, on the homepage is error for couple seconds in the place where the slider is – it’s seems like the slider trying show the pictures from the latest post and after while shows the picture from last post showing on homepage.
    So is it possible to also to exclude the pictures of these hidden posts from the specific category?

Thank you!

L.

Hi,

You can’t do that. Because it’s 2 different query.
    I think you should create a new category( ex: Slider ) and choose all the posts you want to display on the slider to this category.
    After that, go to Customize > Featured Slider Options > on “Select Featured Category” choose category “Slider” and check to “Hide Featured Category”.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hello, I opted to hide some categories from my home page and some are still displaying on the homepage (went into customize-homepage options and listed the categories). Can you please help me figure out how to block these from the homepage?

Thanks!

Hello, When I input the categories I want to exclude from the homepage, the homepage still displays some of the posts from the category AND it leaves blank spots where the hidden categories were when I click Load More Posts. It’s a mess! Some are being hidden, others are not and there are blank spaces!

Here’s my site: http://www.sunshinekollectiv.com.au

Hi @ccannes,

1/ Please make sure you didn’t check on Customize > Featured Slider Options > “Exclude All Posts In Featured Category In Latest Posts on Homepage”

2/ You should go to Customize > Homepage Options > Custom Amount of Posts Shown Per Page on Homepage > and fill it is ‘8’ to make load more posts on your homepage fine.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hello, none of that worked. Here is my site: http://www.sunshinekollectiv.com.au.

It is still displaying categories I specifically listed not to display and when I click “Load More Posts” there are blank spots.

Hi,

Please send us an email via our contact form with your admin url and admin account.
    Our support team will check it help you.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thanks — I sent it to you through envato market. Please let me know that you received it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.