This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PenciDesign 5 days, 2 hours ago.

Layout Changes

• Hello there,

I really like this theme you have created. I can see using for all types of projects. My current one is http://www.projectniko.com

This forum is very helpful and assisted me with fixing a few things I was struggling with.

However I do have a couple of questions I’m hoping you can help me with mostly pertaining to layout of Soledad.

Basically I’m wondering if its possible to have the Portfolio as the homepage with the last post I have written above at the top of that page and the full page masonry photos below the image and sidebar.

– Either that or –

Alter the layout I have right now – (Standard first post and grid two column below)
    π“l,, – But with Masonry instead of grid with only the images showing up. – no titles below but with hover over titles instead.

Thanks so much for your help,
    T.

Hi,

I think with this requirements, you need to use VC to config your homepage.
    Please check guide for it here – on “How to config Homepage by use Visual Composer?”
    http://pencidesign.com/soledad/soledad-document/#!/homepage

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you for your quick response, however this doesn’t really help me.

The instructions on the help page aren’t super through, and the part with the VC only says how to make the page with the VC template but nothing about what the VC does or how to really use it.

So is there a way of combining the two page styles like I asked? The image and excerpt of the last post at the top of the homepage and the portfolio underneath this?

Thanks

Hi,

For how to use VC, you need to check documentation for VC here
    Because it’s your layouts, you need to control for yourself and learn about VC to config it. We really can’t help more :(

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

OK I’m using that VC tutorial to help figure that out.

But, It starts by saying to open the VC tab on the dashboard but I don’t have that open. How do I add that to the dashboard? Is this part of the theme?

Thanks

Hi,

Did you install & active VC?
    If you did it and don’t see that. Please try deactivate all plugins not required with this theme and try again. Maybe you have a plugin caused this issue.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Sorry, I meant is this a part of the theme download or do I have to purchase this in addition to the Soledad theme?

Hi,

It’s included in download package ( “All files and documentation” ) from our theme. If you don’t know how to get it, please login to your themeforest account, go to download page and re-download “All files and documentation”. Extract this package, open the folder you received, find js_composer.zip file in plugins folder – It’s Visual Composer plugin.
    We bought extended license from VC so you can use it legal.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Ok thats super! Thanks so much for your help and for adding that into the theme download. :)

Sorry, Just one more question. Do we have access to a product code to activated the template library or is that an add on?

Hi,

Sorry, you can’t do that. Extended license just only give you the plugin for use. Don’t give you the activated code.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.