This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PenciDesign 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Like button

• I was wondering if there was a way to add a like button at the end of a blog post.

I understand that there are heart or like buttons on pages like these (categories page): http://escapingthemidwest.com/category/outdoors/outdoor-life/

But I was wondering if you can add a like button to the end of posts like this one: http://escapingthemidwest.com/survival-quiz/

People are more likely to ‘like’ something after they read it.

escapingthemidwest.com is my blog.
    Thanks for your help,
    Julie

Hi,

Please send me an email via our contact form with your admin url and admin account. Our support team will check it help you.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Your contact form link doesn’t go to a contact form. I can send you my admin URL but I’m not going to give you my login credentials.

Hi,

Your contact form link doesn’t go to a contact form

No – It will come to our email.

I can send you my admin URL but I’m not going to give you my login credentials.

If you don’t send us your admin account, I can’t do that help you.
    So, if you don’t want to send it for us, let’s do that for yourself.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hi, first off, I am reaally happy with the theme. I have the same question as Julie regarding the like button – can you maybe give a general answer here? How can it be integrated at the end of a post? In addition, I feel like the heart button on the startpage only works for yourself, so the hearts clicked by other users are not counted anywhere.

My preferred solution: Hearts on the startpage is a non-clickable counter. Hearts at the bottom of each entry can be clicked and show the number of clicks.

My page is http://www.vormirdasmeer.de

PS: I currently have a workaround via the “I recommend this” plugin, which is not a great solution because these recommendations are not shown in the start page hearts.

Hi,

Hmm, ok. To do that, please add more this code:

<a><?php echo penci_getPostCountLike(get_the_ID()); ?> <i class="fa fa-heart"></i></a>

Like on this image

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you for your fast reply. I have integrated the code.

Current situation:
    On my startpage and category pages, there is the “clickable” heart (above the comment and share button)without a count functionality. On the page of a single post, I now have the heart including the count functionality this heart is non-clickable.

Situation I would like to have:
    On my startpage and category pages, I would like to have the non-clickable heart WITH the count functionality. On the page of a single post I would like to have a clickable heart WITH the count functionality.

Can you make this possible?

Best,
    Ronja

Hi,

Unfortunately, I just can help you do like I said.
    With the requirements you want, it need to edit a lot of files in this theme and we can’t do that.

Hope you can understand.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.