This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PenciDesign 1 week, 3 days ago.

mega menu and hiding a category

• Hi Penci,
    I use your mega menu and it looks really awesome! I’ve recognised, that my sub-categories are not shown all in the desktop version, probably cause I have 10 of them. Is it true, that the screen cut the mega menu after 9 or 10 sub-categories? If so (it would be really a pity), how can I hide a category in the mega menu, but leave the category like it is and link to it from one of the feature boxes?
    example: www. gourmaid.de under the category “Rezepte”
    Best, Steffanie

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  Gourmaid.

Hi,

I think your config is missing.
    Please watch to the end this video tutorial to know how to config category mega menu.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hi,
    I’ve watched the video several times and I cannot find the mistake. Especially cause the problem occurs only in the desktop version, not on the tablet. And the mobile version on smartphones is even fine. So I don’t think, if it’S really a config problem.
    Could you answer my question regarding hiding a category nevertheless?
    BTW, just as a feedback: it would be more helpful,if the video tutorial would be with sound and spoken explanations.
    Best, Setffanie

Hi,

Can you tell me more about your question? Do you mean you want to hide a category from list child categories on the left side of category mega menu?

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hi there,
    yes, I want to hide a child category (“weight watchers”) on the left side of the mega menu “Rezepte”. I want the category page with the intro and all the posts like it is, but I would like to link to it from a feature box.
    Thanx, Steffanie

Hi,

To do that, please go to admin page > Posts > Categories > click edit category ‘Weight Watchers’ > on edit this category screen select ‘Parent’ is ‘None’

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.