This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  abhishek_kurve 2 months ago.

Multiple questions on theme customization

• Hi, thank you for the wonderful theme. My website address is TheUtopianTech.com
    I’m using VC to customize the “tech news” theme and have some queries:
    1. How do I set the feature slider to full width of the page? I have inserted the feature slider via the customizer as this was not possible using VC, but there seems to be no option to stretch it to full-screen as in the original “Soledad tech news” demo.

2. I’ve inserted the “Latest” tab on my website using the “Latest Posts” section in VC. I need to change the grid posts to a three column layout but there’s an option of an only two-column grid.

3. Also, in the same “Latest” tab on my website, I need to remove the post description, author name, social media share options from the latest posts. (So that only the featured image and date is visible.)

4. In the “Android/iPhone/Mac” tab on my website, how do I get the same post layout as you’ve on the “review section of the “Soledad tech news” demo? (I’m talking about post title on the featured image itself.)

4. In page navigation, there are “1,2,3..” pages. I want to have a “Load more” posts option instead of it, so old posts are loaded on the same page.

5. I’m using a custom_sidebar_1 on my homepage I created using VC. My social widget on the right there is sticky. How do I remove this “stickiness” of the widget so that it goes away when I scroll down the page.

Thank you so much!

Hi,

Thank you for loving our theme.

1/ You can use Magazine Slider Style 2 with ‘Amount of Slides’ is ’12’

2/ To do that, please add more this code to Customize > Custom CSS:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1170px){
    .container.penci_sidebar .penci-grid > li{ width: 32%; margin-right: 2%; }
    .container.penci_sidebar .penci-grid li:nth-of-type(2n+1), .penci-grid li.grid-2-style:nth-of-type(2n+1) { clear: none; }
    .container.penci_sidebar .penci-grid li:nth-of-type(3n+1), .penci-grid li.grid-2-style:nth-of-type(3n+1) { clear: both; }
    .container.penci_sidebar .penci-grid li:nth-of-type(2n+2), .penci-grid li.grid-2-style:nth-of-type(2n+2) { margin-right: 2%; }
    .container.penci_sidebar .penci-grid li:nth-of-type(3n+3), .penci-grid li.grid-2-style:nth-of-type(3n+3) { margin-right: 0; }
    }

3/ Please check options for it in Customize > Other Layouts Options

4/ Please select ‘Featured Category Layout’ for it is ‘Style 3 – Text Overlay’

5/ Sorry for now on VC we don’t support this feature. We will add more this feature in the future.

6/ Please go to Customize > General Options > and un-check to “Enable Sticky Sidebar”

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hi, thank you so much for the reply.

3. In Customize > Other Layouts Options, I can disable other options like social media share and author, but I’m unable to turn off post excerpts. There’s an option to set custom excerpt length, but I want to be disabled it all together. And no, setting the value to “0” doesn’t disable it. Maybe you can share some custom CSS code to do it?

One last question,
    I’ve designed a custom_sidebar_2 especially for the single posts page. How do I actually configure the setting so that this custom sidebar is displayed on all the single (individual)posts page? Right now, I can just see an option to enable in manually for every single post. How do I turn it on for all the single posts by default?

Hi,

1/ To do that, please add more this code to Customize > Custom CSS:

.penci-grid li .item .item-content, .penci-masonry .item-masonry .item-content, .penci-grid .mixed-detail .item-content{ display: none; }

2/ You can go to Customize > General Options > select it on “Sidebar for Single”

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

All of my queries have been resolved. Thank you so much for the continued support. Keep up the amazing work, guys!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.