This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PenciDesign 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Multiple questions(top bar,homepage,subscription)

• Hello! I have a few questions as I am just starting out with wordpress and your theme.

1) Regarding the top bar: Can I make it to where it only shows my “currently in..” text and the social media icons? I want to remove the posts it is displaying at the top.

2) I want to make the sign up form that is displayed in the header shorter in height, and spread the text out more so I can make it shorter in height. I couldn’t find any options to configure it.

3) I made a custom homepage through visual composer. I created a new page, like the tutorial showed, and then made the page. However, since this is a homepage, I don’t want there to be a title. How can I get rid of the “HOMEPAGE”? I tried it remove it from Visual composer but it wouldn’t leave it blank.

4) if you scroll down the home page, i have latest post in a list form, however, the text is not lined up with the picture, like it should be. What could I do to fix that?

Thank you for any help you can provide, I appreciate it!

I figured out the answer to #3 and #4 already:) Still need help with the rest though!

Also, can I take out some of the social media buttons from the top bar if I don’t use them?

Hi,

1/ You can add more this code to Customize > Custom CSS to do that:

.penci-headline-posts{ display: none; }

2/ I think you should go to Appearance > Widgets > on “Header Sign-Up Form” > remove widget title “OH, HEY!” – It will make your header Sign-Up Form shorter about the height. Also after remove widget title “Oh, HEY!” you should increase the padding top & bottom of Header Sign-Up Form.

3/ Please go to Customize > Social Media Options > let blank any social media you want to hide.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Thank you so much, it worked! One more question:

Is there a way to have different text showing for the mailchimp subscriptions box for different locations on the website(but still attached to the same list). For example: If I want the header sign up form to simply say “sign up for updates” and the footer sign up form to “sign up for updates, tips, tricks, etc”, and maybe the signup form that shows in the sidebar of a page to say something else.

Is that possible?

Thank you

Hi,

Unfortunately, this form provided by Mailchimp and Mailchimp doesn’t allow for do that.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hello,
    Earlier in this thread I had asked “1) Regarding the top bar: Can I make it to where it only shows my “currently in..” text and the social media icons? I want to remove the posts it is displaying at the top.”
    I was told to put in a CSS, which worked. Now, after the update, the code is still showing under CSS but the top bar still shows posts.

Hi,

Please go to our new support form and create a new ticket there.
    We don’t working on this forum anymore.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.