This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PenciDesign 3 weeks ago.

theme, home page and font size of posts

• If I intend to use a child theme – do I leave the parent theme entirely untouched and only make changes to the child theme ie the menu bar, about me, etc?

How do I set a static home page?

How do I increase the font size of my blog posts?

Thanks.

Hi,

1/ If you want to use child theme, you need import again your customize data to your child theme. Because after switch to another theme ( even it’s child theme ) – all your customize data will doesn’t keep. You can use plugin Customizer Export/Import to export .dat file and import this file to child theme. ( Export and import via Customize > Export/Import )

2/ To do that, please go to admin page > Settings > Reading > Font Page Display > A Static Page > Front page: > Select a page you want to display like homepage.

3/ You can change the font size of text on your blog posts via Customize > General Options > Custom Font Size for Body Text

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

I have inserted a link to my blog post, how do I make the link blue?

How do I vary the font size on the same blog post ie 18 for one line and 12 for the rest, as well as underline, italicize and bold parts of the text.

If I am using heading for SEO – should I put that in the body of the text?

Thanks.

How do I update the profile of an author?

Hi,

1/ You can change accent color via Customize > Single Options.

2/ You can use this plugin to do that.

3/ Yeah, you can do that.

4/ To do that, login to that account. See on the top right of screen “Howdy, …” hover mouse on it and click to “Edit My Profile” > scroll down and you will see options for it.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

Hi, for my question – I have inserted a link to my blog post, how do I make the link blue?

And your response – 1/ You can change accent color via Customize > Single Options.

I have scrolled up and downs single options several times but am unable to locate where to change the accent color. Would appreciate if you could further elaborate.

Hi,

You can change accent color for Single Posts via Customize > Single Options > Accent Color.
    If you want to change only color for link in your posts, please add more this code to Customize > Custom CSS:

.post-entry a { color: #0000ff; }

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

I inserted the code to my custom CSS but the link is still not blue.

How do I create a page that is not linked to the menu or blog post where someone would be directed to after signing up for my newsletter – ie. thank you for signing up to my newsletter.
    Thanks

Hi,

1/ Can you show me your site url to I can take it a look?

2/ You can go to Appearance > Menus > use “Custom Link” on the left side.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

1) http://nousbyg.com

2) Perhaps you didn’t understand my question – I am asking if it is possible to create a page NOT linked to the menu and that is NOT be a blog post. For example one that thanks for subscribing to my newsletter.

Hi,

1/ Please try again with this code:

.container-single .post-entry a, .post-entry a{ color: #0000ff; }

2/ If so, I think you can create a new page to do that.

Best Regards,
    PenciDesign

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.